Re: [proaudio] realtime problems (maybe pam)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Frieder Bürzele wrote:

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Frieder Bürzele wrote:

Mysth-R wrote:
are you in the audio group ?
Check on the /etc/group file.
yes

I have given up messing around with this pam/rt_limits/etc. thing, and
just manually forced the kernel to let me do what I want:

http://archive.notam02.no/arkiv/src/realtime.diff

Much easier.

I've applied your patch, what else I've to do? disable pam?
I still can't get realtime to work

I don't know. That should be it. The patch just
shortcuts all other methods and just say yes
to everyone for all requests about scheduling property,
nice values and memory locking.

It's definitely interesting that you still can't get
realtime to work, but I have no idea why. At least
you now know that there was probably nothing wrong
with pam before.

But are you really sure realtime does not work?
How do you know?
(I seem to have deleted the mails in this thread)