Re: [proaudio] need a hand with jost and 64bit

well, ... I just have to wait for some 64bits vst ...
I use my gentoo only for music purposes... so I though it was a good Idea, from a performance point of view, to use 64bits only.

2008/8/1 Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fr, 01.08.08 13:36 Mysth-R <mysthr21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2008/7/31 Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > On Mo, 28.07.08 12:46 "kRAkEn/gORe" <kunitoki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > hey gimpel,
> > > if you have some minutes this afternoon... can you look here ?
> > >
> > > http://pastebin.com/m3d5cebac
> > >
> > > Mysth-R is a user with arch=amd64 with no multilib (pure 64bit
> > > gentoo). he have some problems compiling a 64bit version of jost
> > > from the overlay.
> > >
> > > since i'm releasing a new version of jost, would be cool if you
> > > can help me in
> > > discover what i can do to ease the ebuild
> >

> > > thanx
> > > Lucio
> >
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > The ebuild depends on multilib, as jost is compiled 32bit and the
> > jack bridge is 64bit.
> >
> > Of course you could compile jost pure 64bit, but you will not be
> > able to load any VST unless they are 64bit too. Or did you
> > meanwhile find a way to do this?
> >

> Unfortunately not !
> In fact I succeed in compile few vst, but most of them failed. I
> downloaded them from svn co svn://jacklab.net/eXT2 eXT2
> I thought it was silly to enable multilib on my system : will it
> affect my performances ? or wil it have some incompatibilities ?
> If not how can I enable it ?
> Thanks :)

The only way to switch from no-multilib to multilib, is to reinstall
the system completely.

Not using multilib on a desktop box is silly, for above reason.

--