Re: [proaudio] need a hand with jost and 64bit

2008/7/31 Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Mo, 28.07.08 12:46 "kRAkEn/gORe" <kunitoki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hey gimpel,
> if you have some minutes this afternoon... can you look here ?
>
> http://pastebin.com/m3d5cebac
>
> Mysth-R is a user with arch=amd64 with no multilib (pure 64bit
> gentoo). he have some problems compiling a 64bit version of jost from
> the overlay.
>
> since i'm releasing a new version of jost, would be cool if you can
> help me in
> discover what i can do to ease the ebuild

> thanx
> Lucio

Hi guys!

The ebuild depends on multilib, as jost is compiled 32bit and the jack
bridge is 64bit.

Of course you could compile jost pure 64bit, but you will not be able to
load any VST unless they are 64bit too. Or did you meanwhile find a way
to do this?

Unfortunately not !
In fact I succeed in compile few vst, but most of them failed. I downloaded them from svn co svn://jacklab.net/eXT2 eXT2
I thought it was silly to enable multilib on my system : will it affect my performances ? or wil it have some incompatibilities ?
If not how can I enable it ?
Thanks :)

Cheers!
Tom