Re: [proaudio] Outdated ebuilds - need help?

Back on Sunday 13 July 2008, Philipp Ammann was like:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As i'm currently setting up a new audio-system, i noticed that a few
> ebuilds are outdated (e.g. jack, qjackctl, ardour). While this is not
> really a problem (since they are just a minor or pl version behind),
> portage has more up-to-date ebuilds thus those packages mentiond get
> pulled from portage instead of the pro-audio overlay.

I believe the purpose behind those ebuilds was to provide ebuilds for packages
that generally come from portage, but at one time were being masked or held
back for one reason or another. They were just never expired once the issues
in portage were worked out and ebuilds were released.

Currently portage is pretty up-to-date with popular packages like Ardour. 2.5
was released last week and I think an ebuild was released in portage the next
day.

-Reuben