Re: [proaudio] Jack real-time for users stopped working

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Arve Barsnes wrote:

Oh, I didn't know. Too bad, I've tried setting up pam a couple
of times, and allways had some trouble making me resort to realtime-lsm.
PAM is probably a security risk since it's so complicated to set up.

I thought it was as easy as installing pam and putting a few lines in
security.conf or whatever the name of the file was? I probably did it
wrong then...

I think it's supposed to be that simple, and usually it probably
is as well. But I would also think that behind that easiness there
is a lot of complicatedness to make it appear simple. Why do
we need to mess with another package and also edit a configuration
file? It should be enough just to run a command as root which
tells the kernel to allow anyone to run realtime and lock memory.