Re: [proaudio] trouble emerging ardour jack cvs and jackdmp (cvs) on GCC 4.3.1

On Do, 26.06.08 17:56 "sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi All
>
> (LTNS .. been otherwise distracted from pro-audio but I'm back on
> track)
>
> I have been trying to compile ardour on my new core2 system using Gcc
> 4.3 for the core 2 optimisations...
>
> I am having a few issues. I understand a patch for Gcc 4.3.1 is
> applied to the cvs version but I get an error  relating to Jack...
> (ideally I'd like to have jackdmp as the default and not get all the
> dependancy issues   but I don't know how I tried USE"jackdmp" and
> nothing changed !!!)
>
> So the first issue is trying jackdmp (first preference)
>
> In my package.keywords I have.
> ----snip----
> media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit **
> media-sound/jackdmp **
> --snip---
>
> When compiling jackdmp I get ...
>  *   subversion: can't
> update /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/jackdmp/jackmp from
> http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jack/jack2/trunk/jackmp

Looks like a temporary issue, or a problem with your svn-src. You could
try to completely delete that
folder /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-srv/jackdmp

> When compiling jack-audio-connection-kit it still compiles the
> non-cvs version.
>
> from emerge -pv jack-audio-connection-kit
>
>  --snip--
>  media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.109.2  USE="alsa dbus
> jack-tmpfs jackmidi mmx netjack sndfile sse (-altivec) -caps
> (-coreaudio) -debug -                 doc -freebob -oss -portaudio" 0
> kB [1]
>
> --snip ---

This is because of:
-----8<----
└» grep -B3 jack-audio-connection-kit /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask

# Alexis Ballier <aballier@xxxxxxxxxx> (30 Mar 2007)
# Portaudio v19 : api changes
>=media-libs/portaudio-19_pre061121
>=media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.109.2-r1

So you additionally have to put jack-audio-connection-kit in
package.unmask

> Any suggestions here, or should i roll back gcc to 4.1.1 and use the
> nocona optimisations instead???
>

> cheers
>
> Allan

gcc-4.3 is perfectly fine with jackdmp here.