Re: [proaudio] Jack real-time for users stopped working

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:

Hi,
  It's been a long time since I've had a problem with this. I always
use Jack with real-time turned on, even for just listening to music,
but I haven't even listened to music on this machine in awhile so I
have no idea when this broke. Real-time is working for root, but not
for users.

I don't know what might be the problem with pam, but using the old
realtime-lsm module still works just fine. I never stopped
using that one:

emerge realtime-lsm
echo "/sbin/modprobe realtime mlock=1 any=1" >>/etc/conf.d/local.start