[proaudio] Jack real-time for users stopped working

   It's been a long time since I've had a problem with this. I always
use Jack with real-time turned on, even for just listening to music,
but I haven't even listened to music on this machine in awhile so I
have no idea when this broke. Real-time is working for root, but not
for users.

lightning ~ # jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:1,0 -r44100 -p256 -n2 -D -Phw:1
jackd 0.112.0
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Enhanced3DNow! detected
SSE2 detected
apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1,0|256|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:1
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 256 frames (5.8 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
jack main caught signal 2
lightning ~ #

mark@lightning ~ $ jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:1,0 -r44100 -p256 -n2 -D -Phw:1
jackd 0.112.0
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

cannot use real-time scheduling (FIFO at priority 10) [for thread
-449635584, from thread -449635584] (1: Operation not permitted)
cannot create engine
mark@lightning ~ $

I have the following limit.conf settings right off the Jack web site:

@audio   -  rtprio     99
@audio   -  memlock    unlimited
@audio   -  nice      -19

My user account is in the audio group.