Re: [proaudio] : Compile a 2.6.25.4-rt5 kernel (was : 2.6.24.7-rt7 - Big performance improvement)

Back on Thursday 05 June 2008, Mysth-R was like:
> Hi,
>
> Finally I compiled a 2.6.25.4-rt5 without any issues.
> I have just downloaded the linux-2.6.25.4 kernel and apply the
> patch-2.6.25.4-rt5 on it.
> Is there others patches that I could apply to improve the performance of my
> kernel ?
> In fact, I can't use a latency (referring to Qjackctl) lower than 16ms (256
> frames / 3 period / 48000Hz) without cracks in sound.
> I use jackdmp and freebob on a Intel Core duo 2.
>
> Do you have some suggestions ?

Have you checked to see what the priority level is set to for the IRQ-Thread
assigned to your sound device? If it's not a negative number (something
like -40 or lower) then all the low latency doesn't amount to much if the
scheduler doesn't know to give the sound device special priority.

-Reuben