Re: [proaudio] wineasio problem

On Mi, 28.11.07 21:17 Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I am trying wineasio. I followed the wiki. When registering the dll,
> I get the following:
>
>  $ regsvr32 wineasio.dll
> err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume'
> element err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback
> Volume' element fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on
> USB Device 0x46d:0x8b2, disabling mixer fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No
> master control found on VirMIDI, disabling mixer Successfully
> registered DLL wineasio.dll
>
> The soundcard is a soundblaster live. I try several settings in jack,
> but this error message is always here.
>
> With winecfg:
>  $ winecfg
> err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume'
> element err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback
> Volume' element fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on
> USB Device 0x46d:0x8b2, disabling mixer fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No
> master control found on VirMIDI, disabling mixer
> fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer supports MIDI in. Not yet
> supported. fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer supports MIDI in. Not
> yet supported.

Do you have any other sound driver enabled in winecfg other than ALSA?
If so disable everything, and only enable ALSA.

ALSA will do the MIDI, and wineasio the audio connection to jack.

A _VERY_ good free app to test wineasio is Reaper, it works perfectly
with wineasio. http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

Cheers,
Tom