Re: [proaudio] Museseq won't re-emerge after emerge --sync

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 08:25:15PM +0200, Dominique Michel wrote:
> Le Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:48:43 +0000,
> "Krzysztof Polikowski" <polikowski@xxxxxxxxx> a ??crit :
>
> > So, tell me, what i should change? My system is very stable and fast.
> > I can setup Cflags & Ldflags in /etc/portage/env/ for jackd and museseq.
> > What is wrong in ldflags & cflags?
> >
> > Greetings.
> >
> The problem with custom cflags is at you are on your own because ANY custom
> cflags need profiling for EACH SINGLE package in the box.
>
> Cflags and ldflags are a very sensitive issue. It is even worst because
> each gcc version can (and will) behave differently with the same combination of
> custom cflags. I was experimenting with such flags it was some time ago, and at
> the end, the only solution was to reformat and reinstall all with
safe cflags.

Yeah, I had to make mine a little more sane. I used to use -O3, but
that caused some nasty bugs with Gaim and some other things.

Now I only use:

CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -mtune=athlon64"

(and on my laptop I use -mtune=pentium-m)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com