Re: [proaudio] ardour2 fails to compile

On Di, 01.05.07 21:51 Markus Herhoffer <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Memtest86+ succeeded with no errors. I've compiled my whole system
> without any errors related to the RAM so I assume that the mem is all
> right.

True.

> I looked through the logfile both with grep and manually. There's
> nothing strange in it. Not a single mention of the word "error", just
> a few warnings. I've attached the log for those who are interested.
>
> With the 2.0 release I get the same error. Only the line of error in
> the ebuild has changed. I've attached the whole log for those who are
> interested:

Hmm, I'm not sure what causes this.
You could try two things:

remove that -j2  - we should get that from make.conf's MAKEOPTS
anyaway, as on a HT proc -j3 would do it too, but that's a different
story.

And scons seems to offer some debug options.. so please edit the ebuild
so it looks like:

scons ${myconf} -j2 --debug=stacktrace

and: ebuild ardour-2.0.ebuild digest

Then try to emerge again. Let's hope the debug option spits out a python
trace. Please attach the output of emerge --info too then.

Best,
Tom