Re: [proaudio] bristol: missing file

Le Wed, 9 May 2007 09:22:17 +0200,
Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Di, 08.05.07 22:31 Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Le Tue, 8 May 2007 00:27:07 +0200,
> > Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> > > Ooops, thanks. Seems I forgot redigesting at some stage when messing
> > > around trying to get bristol-0.10.1 to work.
> > >
> > > Should be fixed.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Tom
> >
> > The ebuild work, but the program don't find its data files. The
> > problem seam to be a broken build system. I try to compile it from
> > the sources with just "./configure". The program work fine, but the
> > data files are installed in /usr/local/bristol.
> >
> > I try with
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/share/local --exec-prefix=/usr/local
> >
> > but get a wrong result:
> > The data files are in /usr/share/local/bristol, the libs
> > in /usr/local/lib, brighton and bristol was in /usr/local/bin- All
> > that is fine. But startBristol was /usr/local/share/bin,
> > not /usr/local/bin/startBristol. Another problem is at the paths
> > inside /usr/local/share/bin seam to be broken. If I try to run it, I
> > get: ./bin: line 30: /usr/loacl/share/bristol/bin/brighton: No such
> > file or directory. I made 2 symlinks in /usr/local/share/bristol/bin/
> > to /usr/local/bin/brighton and /usr/local/bin/bristol and the program
> > is working fine.
> >
> > I found at with
> > ./configure --prefix=/opt
> > the program work. So I just committed an ebuild with it. Anyway, it
> > is better to have one /opt/bristol directory like with the older
> > bristol versions until we find a better solution or at upstream fix
> > it. I left one message about this issue on its forum on sourceforge.
> >
> > I am very curious to see how upstream will fix the path issue in
> > startBristol and if it will work with configure and portage's sandbox.
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Dominique
> >

> Sorry, but I do not want to have directories like /opt/lib
> I already tried with prefix=/opt and decided for myself that this sucks.
> So I tried to get it running in /usr

I know, both ebuilds break gentoo policy. /opt is for binary packages and
bristol data files must be in /usr/share/bristol.

> And the application does not work anyway, so lets hard mask this
> ebuild too, and just wait for an usable upstream version that can
> install its libs to /usr/lib like any other app.

With my ebuild, it work fine on my system (x86). The new gui is terrific.

> Also I tried to fix startBristol script, look at the patch.
>
> tom@SiRiUS ~ $ startBristol -jack -hammond
> /opt/bin/startBristol: line 208: [: too many arguments
> /opt/bin/startBristol: line 235: [: 128: binary operator expected
> ldd: /opt/bristol/bin/bristol: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> Requested Jack drivers, not compiled into bristol

Your command line is wrong. 'startBristol -v -h' is also wrong.

/startBristol -b3 -audio jack -rate 48000

work fine for me with my ebuild. With your ebuild, I get another error:

spawning midi thread
parent going into idle loop
midi sequencer
connected to :0.0
display is 1600 by 1200 pixels
Window is w 1600, h 1200, d 24, 0 0 0
Using DirectColor display
Initialise the hammondB3 link to bristol: 8103848
Opened listening control socket: 5028
Client ID = 129
Queue ID = 0
Registering 0 1
Registered 129 0
Device name "bristol"did not parse, defaults 128.0
hostname is localhost, bristol
port is 5028
Connected to the bristol control socket: 4
Accepted connection from 0 (3) onto 2 (5)
bristolengine already active
created 16 voices: allocated 16 to synth
engine MIDI channel 0
spawning audio thread
registering jack interface
JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
initialising one hammond sound
Failed to open factory cache: /usr/memory/profiles/tonewheel
Rescheduled thread: 95
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_1
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_2
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_3
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_4
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_5
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_6
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_7
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_8
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_9
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_10
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_11
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_12
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_13
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_14
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_15
Found port alsa_pcm:playback_16
Default connection bristol:out_left to alsa_pcm:playback_1
Default connection bristol:out_right to alsa_pcm:playback_2
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_1
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_2
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_3
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_4
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_5
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_6
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_7
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_8
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_9
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_10
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_11
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_12
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_13
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_14
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_15
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_16
Default connection alsa_pcm:capture_1 to bristol:in
hostname is localhost, bristol
port is 5028
Connected to the bristol control socket: 5
bristolengine already active
Accepted connection from 0 (3) onto 3 (10)
created 16 voices: allocated 16 to synth
engine MIDI channel 1
initialising one hammond second manual
Cannot resolve the bitmap library location
return - no data in buffer
exit algo: 1, 82b15e8, 0
dom@localhost ~ $ return - no data in buffer
exit algo: 0, 81a34a8, 0
empty audio list, exiting
unregistering jack interface

It doesn't find the bitmaps (In /opt/bristol with my ebuild). According to
Bristol developper, only --prefix is working with its autotools config, and it
is exactly what my ebuild is doing: --prefix=/opt.

I get:
Found port alsa_pcm:capture_16
hostname is localhost, bristol
port is 5028
Connected to the bristol control socket: 6
bristolengine already active
Accepted connection from 0 (3) onto 3 (23)
created 16 voices: allocated 16 to synth
engine MIDI channel 1
initialising one hammond second manual
done create interface: 80fb0d0, 8103848
Client ID = 130
Queue ID = 1
Registering 0 1
Registered 130 0
Device name "brighton"did not parse, defaults 128.0
opened GUI midi handle: 2, fd 59
Read Configuration: hammondB3
brightonWorldChanged(745 325 10 10)
going operational: 80fb008, 8103848
bristolMidiSendNRP(0, 0, 16272, 0)
        bristolMidiController(16272, 0.000000)
bristolMidiSendNRP(0, 0, 16273, 0)
        bristolMidiController(16273, 0.000000)
bristolMidiSendRP(0, 0, 0, 2)
        bristolMidiController(0, 0.000122)

and it work.

> This is wrong. startBristol misses a define for BRISTOL=${prefix}
> and then sets BRISTOL_DIR instead which is /opt/bristol in your case.
>
> This version of bristol is just simply totally b0rked.

Bristol's autotools is broken, not the program. --prefix is working, but not
the configure options for the other paths (--exec-prefix, and so on).

I just get it to work with --prefix=/usr. I will look if I can pacth
startBristol with this syntax issue so at 'startBristol -v -h' give us the
right syntax to use.

I will commit the ebuild later. It just patch configure.ac and Makefile.am
and do an eautoreconf before configure. So, no need to modify the program files.

Ciao,

Dominique Michel

--
N.B.: Tous les emails que je reçois sont filtrés par spamassassin avant de me
parvenir.