Re: [proaudio] bristol: missing file

On Di, 08.05.07 22:31 Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Le Tue, 8 May 2007 00:27:07 +0200,
> Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > On Mo, 07.05.07 22:40 Dominique Michel
> > <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I get the following:

> > >  * bristol-0.9.6-121.src.031407.tgz
> > > MD5 ;-) ...
> > > [ ok ]
> > >  * bristol-0.9.6-121.src.031407.tgz
> > > RMD160 ;-) ...
> > > [ ok ]
> > >  * bristol-0.9.6-121.src.031407.tgz
> > > SHA1 ;-) ...
> > > [ ok ]
> > >  * bristol-0.9.6-121.src.031407.tgz
> > > SHA256 ;-) ...
> > > [ ok ]
> > >  * bristol-0.9.6-121.src.031407.tgz
> > > size ;-) ...
> > > [ ok ]
> > >  * checking ebuild
> > > checksums ;-) ...
> > > [ ok ]
> > >  * checking auxfile
> > > checksums ;-) ...
> > > [ !! ]
> > >
> > > !!! A file listed in the Manifest could not be
> > > found: /usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio/media-sound/bristol/files/bristol-0.10.1-Makefile.patch
> > >
> > > I try to delete media-sound/bristol and resynchronize the svn,
> > > but it didn't helped.
> > >
> > > Ciao,
> > > Dominique
> >
> > Ooops, thanks. Seems I forgot redigesting at some stage when messing
> > around trying to get bristol-0.10.1 to work.
> >
> > Should be fixed.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tom
>
> The ebuild work, but the program don't find its data files. The
> problem seam to be a broken build system. I try to compile it from
> the sources with just "./configure". The program work fine, but the
> data files are installed in /usr/local/bristol.
>
> I try with
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/share/local --exec-prefix=/usr/local
>
> but get a wrong result:
> The data files are in /usr/share/local/bristol, the libs
> in /usr/local/lib, brighton and bristol was in /usr/local/bin- All
> that is fine. But startBristol was /usr/local/share/bin,
> not /usr/local/bin/startBristol. Another problem is at the paths
> inside /usr/local/share/bin seam to be broken. If I try to run it, I
> get: ./bin: line 30: /usr/loacl/share/bristol/bin/brighton: No such
> file or directory. I made 2 symlinks in /usr/local/share/bristol/bin/
> to /usr/local/bin/brighton and /usr/local/bin/bristol and the program
> is working fine.
>
> I found at with
> ./configure --prefix=/opt
> the program work. So I just committed an ebuild with it. Anyway, it
> is better to have one /opt/bristol directory like with the older
> bristol versions until we find a better solution or at upstream fix
> it. I left one message about this issue on its forum on sourceforge.
>
> I am very curious to see how upstream will fix the path issue in
> [...]

Sorry, but I do not want to have directories like /opt/lib
I already tried with prefix=/opt and decided for myself that this sucks.
So I tried to get it running in /usr

And the application does not work anyway, so lets hard mask this
ebuild too, and just wait for an usable upstream version that can
install its libs to /usr/lib like any other app.

Also I tried to fix startBristol script, look at the patch.

tom@SiRiUS ~ $ startBristol -jack -hammond
/opt/bin/startBristol: line 208: [: too many arguments
/opt/bin/startBristol: line 235: [: 128: binary operator expected
ldd: /opt/bristol/bin/bristol: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Requested Jack drivers, not compiled into bristol

This is wrong. startBristol misses a define for BRISTOL=${prefix}
and then sets BRISTOL_DIR instead which is /opt/bristol in your case.

This version of bristol is just simply totally b0rked.