Re: [proaudio] OT: usb2midi interfaces

hi

Have a look here : http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00036268.html (sorry, that's in french)

And here http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-516866-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-.html

Well, I use it for a while now and I'm very happy.

I just plug it and I saw that it appears right away in qjackctl!

You only have one midi in and one midi out though... but if it's enough...

Tchüssy

Yves

ron widler a écrit :
hi,

i know this is a little offtopic, but i guess it's not the worst place
to ask as well ;)

i'm looking for a usb2midi adapter, and so far i found the following
models to be interesting:

motu fast lane 2x2 - no details on alsa page, but mentioned here:
http://homepage3.nifty.com/StudioBreeze/software/usbmidi-e.html
http://www.motu.com/products/midi/fastlane_usb

m-audio midisport  2x2 - seems to be supported by alsa
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MIDISPORT2x2-main.html

edirol um-2 - not mentioned on the alsa page as well, might be using
it's own protocol (called "fpt" aka fast processing technology).
http://www.roland.com/products/en/UM-2/index.html

are you using any of these interfaces? which one would you recommend?

tanks a lot in advance
ron

--
"L'activité paranoïaque critique est une force organisatrice et productrice de hasard objectif." Salvador Dali