Re: [proaudio] Bumping guile requirements for snd and snd-ls

Le Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:27:11 +0100 (CET),
Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Jouni Rinne wrote:
>
> > Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen kirjoitti:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > If snd or snd-ls was installed before guile was updated to 1.8.1,
> > > we get the error that libguile.so.12 is missing. However, both snd and
> > > snd-ls works with guile 1.8.1 (infact, they both work much better
> > > with guile >1.7.0).
> > >
> > > Is it possible to force a rebuild of snd and snd-ls?
> >
> > You mean automatically, after an update? I'm afraid no. But it helps to run
> > revdep-rebuild once in a while, to detect and rebuild breakages. Personally
> > I run it after every sync/update session.
> >

> Thanks, I didn't know about that.

It is in the handbook (the doc you was following when installing gentoo). It is
the most important doc for a gentoo sys admin. Another important doc is the gcc
upgrade guide. Hopefully, a major gcc upgrade doesn't append often because it
can be very time consuming.

Ciao,