[proaudio] Re: ANN: 1 year gentoo-proaudio-overlay

Frieder Bürzele ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Today the overlay exists exactly 1 year
> My first post was on Th Jan 26, 2006 3:38 pm at the gentoo-forums.

[SPAM]Happy birthday tooo uuuusss, happy birthday tooo uuuusss![/SPAM]

> So what's next?
>
> 1. add new maintainers
>   Next step is to add additional maintainers. As maintaining
>   takes really alot time for just two ppl and won't get less if
>   the overlay is getting more and more popular.
>
>   So if some of you (ebuild contributor or not) want to join
>   the team of ebuild (or web space?!) maintainers drop me a email.

Just a question, to avoid accepting/proposing myself for jobs I cannot
mantain: how much average time would it take to contribute with ebuild
mantaining (fixing bugs, requests, looking for updates, etc)?
Having already some experience in programming (C++,Bash), how much time
will I spend to start contributing decent ebuilds?

> 3. Maybe a installable proaudio livecd (or livedvd) based on sabayonlinux
>   which is based on gentoo :)
>     So if you're interest in such a project and want to participate.
>   Get Sabyonlinux from http://sabayonlinux.org install it on your
>   spare machine :) and validate it if we could use it as a base.
>   (start installing some apps from the overlay and also rt-kernel,...)
>   Post your opinions about it.

This is the part that most interests me.
Sabayon Linux seems to be a great multimedia-oriented-Gentoo-based
distribution. It could give us a big boost (this week it's #10 on
distrowatch.com chart; Gentoo is #11 :P) and we could give them a big
boost too.

Right now I'm downloading the latest DVD version (it'll take some time
:\ uber-slow DSL connection right here).
The previous one was amazing, anyway.

I know there's at least another audio-oriented-Gentoo-based
distribution, called Bardix, but I didn't try it (I don't speak German).
Are there other project already started so I can check them (I find
useless spending time to start something from scratch when there's
already good work done around the world)?
Greetz

Paolo