Re: [proaudio] Do we need another pam ebuild for the overlay?

SteelRage wrote:
Hi there to everyone.
Yesterday a guy who was following my DAW guide on gentoo forums, had
problems with realtime.

The problem was he was using the official portage pam ebuild (currently
0.99.6.3-r2 version), so he vas missing the following lines in
/etc/security/limits.conf

# REALTIME support for audio group users
@audio - rtprio 100
@audio - nice -10
@audio - memlock 250000

I can update the DAW guide to remind the user to update their
configuration when using ~arch version of pam.
please point to the config so we could avoid troubles in the first place
But wouldn'it be better to modify the official ebuild and put it on the
overlay so that these 3 lines are added automatically with an etc-update?
Greetz

Paolo
also added a modified ebuild, but untested.

Greetz Frieder
Pointing to check the config