[proaudio] media-sound/museseq not getting rtc timer or realtime scheduler

Hi All

I have recently moved across to the pro-audio overlay but am having
trouble with MusE (aka media-sound/museseq. I'm sure this is something
to do with set_rlimits settings

I have added museseq to set_rlimits.conf but am getting the following
messages when firing museseq up.

Trying RTC timer...
RtcTimer::setTimerFreq(): cannot set tick on /dev/rtc: Permission denied
  precise timer not available
Trying ALSA timer...
got timer = 13
starting with default template
AlsaTimer::setTimerTicks(): requested freq 1024 Hz too high for timer
(max is 1000)
  freq stays at 1000 Hz
3set realtime scheduler: Operation not permitted
watchdog process 1959 _NOT_ running SCHED_FIFO
error set_schedparam 2:: Operation not permitted
set realtime scheduler: Operation not permitted
midi thread 1959 _NOT_ running SCHED_FIFO

What should I be doing to get MusE running properly in realtime using
set_rlimits? (please don't tell me to use Rosegarden as I have been a
MusE user for years and much prefer the interface)

cheers

Allan

P.S this is the line I added to set_rlimits.conf
@audio  /usr/bin/museseq        nice=-1 rtprio=71