[proaudio] Re: [proaudio] media-sound/museseq not getting rtc timer or realtime scheduler [half-solved]

Hi

Okay , I've had a couple of days off and I've been trying to clean up my
system a bit.

I fixed the RTC error for Muse by adding the line

echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq

to /etc/conf.d/local.start

This works with either set_rlimits or realtime-lsm

I'm not sure if this is related but if I start jackd with the option "-c
h" to use the HPET timer I get the error

"This system has no accessible HPET device (Permission denied)"

and from root I get
"This system has no accessible HPET device (Device or resource busy)"

When I stop alsa and use the dummy driver in jackd from root I still get
the same message, is this a problem (maybe kernel configuration) or
should I ignore it?

cheers

Allan