Re: [proaudio] tuxguitar-0.8

Le Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:20:58 +0200,
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Dominique Michel wrote:
> > TuxGuitar-0.6 failed, it is a new version and I modified the ebuild to
> > install the 0-8 version.
> >
> > The only problem I get is with java. I have both blackdown and sun on my
> > system, and the blackdown is the default. I get an error when starting
> > tuxguitar. So I have done the following script to start it:
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > export JAVA=/opt/sun-jre-bin-1.5.0.06/bin/java
> > /opt/TuxGuitar-0.8-linux-gtk/tuxguitar
> >
> > But I am not sure, it work on my system, but it is many possibility on
> > gentoo.
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Dominique
> we should figure out how gentoo now handles java app as the
> java-configuration changed
> a bit.
>
> Greetz Frieder

It is a new system. It is some documentations:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/java.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-upgrade.xml
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki/Common_Problems

It is a command to check the environment:  /usr/bin/java-check-environment

This new environement is ~arch, so it is a lot of packages to add
in /etc/package.keyword. But other packages depend on it, and with time it will
be more.

With the new java config, it is 2 package, java-config-1 and java-config-2
1 is for 1.3 or 1.4 jdks, 2 for 1.5.

dev-libs/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22 use this new config.
In the ebuild, we find:
inherit eutils gnuconfig flag-o-matic java-pkg multilib
RDEPEND="...
	java? ( =virtual/jdk-1.4* )
pkg_setup() {

        use java && java-pkg_pkg_setup
src_compile() {...
	myconf="${myconf} `use_enable java` `use_with java javahome
${JAVA_HOME}`"
	# Bug #60769. Default location for java classes breaks OpenOffice.
        # Thanks to axxo@xxxxxxxxxx for the solution.
        cd "${S}"
        if use java; then
                jar -cvf ${PN}.jar -C java $(find java -name "*.class")
        fi
	more for this bug, but it is to be relevant only for cyrus.

The first time I try to install this package, I get an error message telling me
to run /usr/bin/java-check-environment
So, I think at it is the java-pkg eclass that tell me that.

After following the java upgrade guide, it just worked.

It is a devel guide: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-devel.xml

But I thing at it will not help with this version of tuxguitar. Otherwise, we
have to do an ebuild for the source packages. I take a look on it. Tuxguitar
use ant and eclipse. I have the first one in my sytem, but not eclipse, and I
don't know which eclipse package I must install.