Re: [proaudio] rtirq borked

Le Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:02:08 +0000,
krgn <k.gebbert@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> > So, you have to use the APIC IRQ interface, it will work better with shared
> > IRQs.
> >

> hm, how do you set that? sorry to be a pain in the bum :), but I really
> have no idea, and googleing around did not reveal a great deal to me.
>

> greetz, k

It is 2 different way to deal with the hardware IRQ. Both are implemented in
the hardware, and you must go in the bios in order to change it.

Be aware at a realtime kernel will work better if you have shared IRQ with the
APIC interfece. It is sometime easier to see those shared IRQ with the PIC
interface, because the hardware don't reassign the IRQs with this interface. If
you don't succed with the PIC interface, just use the APIC.

As I say in another post in this thread, the boot parameter acpi=off is a good
way to spare an IRQ (read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt).
Some Bios have a setting for this, but it will have no effect if you dont have
acpi=off in grub or lilo. The acpi control the power control features in your
box. It is mean to spare energy, but use an IRQ.

You can try it at boot time. Just select the kernel you want to boot at the
grub propmt, press "e", select the kernel line, press "e", and add
"acpi=off" (without the quotes), press return and "b".

After the boot (if it boot, I don't know with acpi=off and a laptop how it
will work), check /proc/interrupts to see what append. If something good
append, you can add it in /boot/grub/menu.lst, or even do 2 configs, one with
and one without this parameter.