Re: [proaudio] No supported SIMD instruction sets detected.

Frieder Bürzele wrote:
Brian Dunn wrote:
First, thanks for the sweet overlay.
Second, I get this

No supported SIMD instruction sets detected

from jackd when it starts, and then on every subsequent connection. I'm running jackd on a PIII, and I've got the sse and mmx use flags set. If I remember correctly, I didn't get this error message from the ebuild in the gentoo tree, but I can verify this if you need me to.

I noticed someone else with the same issue in the gentoo forums thread, and he was also running a PIII.

Thanks,
Brian

don't know why this message shows up -- which ebuild are you using?
try also the portage one

Greetz
Frieder

I can verify that jackd 0.99.0-r1 from the regular 'ole portage tree does not complain about missing SIMD instruction sets. However, that ebuild does not feature use flags for sse or for mmx. so perhaps it does not complain because it does not try to use them? The version of jackd that complains is 0.100.7-r3. The only relevant use flags i've enabled are alsa, sse, and mmx.