Re: [proaudio] What happened to snd_mia?

SteelRage ha scritto:
It's strange.
I know it's been discontinued by Echo-Audio Corporation, not by alsa-project. On the website of the author of the driver (http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/ead/) there's no mention to the eventual fact there'll be no more echo-audio drivers on Alsa.

Another fact to notice is that in the alsa-firmware package there is still the firmware for all the main Echo-Audio products anche that mia is listed on the cards list on the configure script of alsa-driver.

Now I try to contact the author of the driver and will let you know.
greetz

Paolo

In fact.
Echo-Audio drivers are still mantained by the author... The "discontinued" was only meant for the production of the hardware. The problem has been quite easy to solve (I don't know how I could have done such a mistake).

It was just a matter of enabling firmware class on the kernel configuration (Device Drivers --->
Generic Driver Options --->Userspace firmware loading support).

I write it here because it may happen to forget that option on a new kernel config (ehm... ;)) if a soundcard (or other hardware) need an external firmware to work. Maybe I should add a line about that in the HD recording HOWTO (the wiki's overlay should be upgraded too).

Hope this can help other users someday ;)
bye

Paolo