[proaudio] kernel, fbsplash and IRQ

I have done a 2.6.17-rt8 kernel with a terrific bootsplah. The
bootsplash work very well, as well at the console framebuffer, but the
system just freeze from time to time.

I have a nvidia card, but use only the free 2D driver because it
doesn't use an hardware IRQ.

I try a few things as to use APIC or PIC, but nothing helped.

I get back to a 2.6.16-rt29 kernel without fbsplash.

It is maybe something with the 2.6.17 kernel so I want to try again
this kernel, but without fbsplash. But I have to wait for now because I
am at the beginning of an emerge -udN world and it will take some time.