[proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] howto write/contributeebuilds published onhttp://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/

kjetil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Frieder Bürzele wrote:

>  Hi,
> >  I wrote a Howto about writing and contributing ebuilds.
> http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Contribute_ebuilds

Great! Attached is an ebuild for Ceres. I had major trouble, but I think
 it works now. Hope you'll include it into the proaudio overlay.
Hi,
please adjust the ebuild a bit
do modification inside
src_unpack()

I've changed your ebuild a bit which you'll find at the end of this mail

Thanks for your comments and modifications. Attached is a new ebuild
file including comments about the libglade repacking.

   # A libglade tar-ball is included in ceres. However, running make inside the doc directory of libglade fails,
   # saying that a program called "libglade-scan" can't open display :0.0
   # Therefore the tarball is repacked, where the compilation of the doc directory is removed.
Ok, does this error also happen if you just try to compile without using portage?

there is a eclass virtualx2 -->from the proaudio overlay eclass directory) which provides a virtual display so If you call the wrapper Xemake instead of make inside the ebuild you'll get a virtual display with Xvfb.

can you try the attached ebuild? I've added Xemake to it maybe it will just work without repacking

Greetz
   Frieder

# Copyright 1999-2006 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

inherit virtualx2
RESTRICT="nomirror"
DESCRIPTION="A program for displaying sonograms and for sound effects in the frequency domain"
HOMEPAGE="http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~kjetil/src";
SRC_URI="http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~kjetil/src/${P}.tar.gz";

KEYWORDS="x86"
SLOT="0"
IUSE=""

DEPEND=">=media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.100
	>=dev-lang/python-1.5
	media-libs/libsndfile
	=x11-libs/gtk+-1.2*
	>=dev-libs/libxml-1.8.17
	>=media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.2"

src_unpack(){
	unpack "${A}"
	cd "${S}"

	# A libglade tar-ball is included in ceres.
	# However, running make inside the doc directory
	# of libglade fails, saying that a program called "libglade-scan" can't open display :0.0
	# Therefore the tarball is repacked, where the compilation of the doc directory is removed.
	#cd src/packages
	#tar xvzf libglade-0.17.tar.gz
	#cd libglade-0.17
	#sed -ie 's/doc\/Makefile//g' configure
	#rm -fr doc/*
	#echo "all:" >doc/Makefile
	#echo "install:" >>doc/Makefile
	#cd ..
	#rm libglade-0.17.tar.gz
	#tar cvf libglade-0.17.tar libglade-0.17
	#gzip libglade-0.17.tar
	#cd ../..

	cd src
	sed -ie 's/INSTALLPATH=\/usr\/testing/INSTALLPATH=\/usr/' Makefile

}

src_compile() {
	cd src
	Xemake || die "make failed"
}

src_install() {
	cd doc
	dodoc cereshelp.html
	cd ../src
	Xemake INSTALLPATH=${D}/usr X11PATH=${D}/usr/X11R6 DESTDIR=${D} install
}