Re: [proaudio] Strange behaviour of zynaddsubfx-banks

Markus Herhoffer wrote:

fixed

Well, I still get:

# emerge -avuDtN world
These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating world dependencies | * If this ebuild fail try:
 * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge zynaddsubfx-banks
                             / * If this ebuild fail try:
 * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge zynaddsubfx-extras
                             - *
/var/tmp/portage/fluidsynth-1.0.7a/work/fluidsynth-1.0.7
                         ... done!

:-(

CU
Markus

hm, this is strange,
the ebuilds really should be 'clean' now, but you can
try to delete those ebuilds and see if the problem still persists.
If so try to regenerate your portage cache. Or just regenerate your portage cache.
To do further tests you can delete the function
call use_smart inside the function pkg_setup()

   Frieder

Frieder Bürzele wrote:
Markus Herhoffer wrote:
Would it be possible that someone fixes this bug? I could write a patch
by myself, but I think it would be better if the maintainer did it. He
knows what to do, I don't :-)

Markus

Frieder Bürzele wrote:
Markus Herhoffer wrote:
Hello!

I've installed both zynaddsubfx-banks and zynaddsubfx-extras without any
problems. Since I've done that I get very strange messages when updating
world:

# emerge -avuDt world

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating world dependencies \ * If this ebuild fail try:
 * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge zynaddsubfx-banks
                             / * If this ebuild fail try:
 * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge zynaddsubfx-extras
this is just a hint to let you know what to do if the
zynaddsubfx-banks-20060419 fails
--> it will fail if the source file get removed (this can happen due
upstream releases a new
snapshot) --> zynaddsubfx-banks-99999999 tries to fetch the latest
version automatically
                             - *
/var/tmp/portage/fluidsynth-1.0.7a/work/fluidsynth-1.0.7
                         ... done!

Total size of downloads: 0 kB

Nothing to merge; would you like to auto-clean packages? [Yes/No]

I've no idea what this message wants to tell me. Is it a bug in the new
notification system in Portage 2.5 or has it something to do with
pro-audio-overlay? How can I avoid this message?

nothing to do with new portage. I'll try to change this behaviour
Markus
Greetz    Frieder

fixed