Re: [proaudio] 2.6.17-r3 problems

hi Mark,

thanks, that was already very helpful, I saw now actually how different things are from .16 to .17 so luckily I ended up with a newer, different error which is now more complicated to show, since I don't reach a stage anymore, where I can grab a log or so.
Bascially, when reaching something like this stage here,

                  VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.5.1
Dquot-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
                   Time: tsc clocksource has been installed.

the newer kernel tells me something like it can't mount my root partition and that 'block(0,0)' is unknown. I double checked against my old config, changed the new one to the old settings and recompiled, but no joy. I appended the new config so maybe someone who might have a clue what this might be, can have a look.
normally, my root partition is mounted like this:
               /dev/hda5 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,user_xattr)
and I also checked again grub settings and the fstab file, but there was nothing strange, so must assume its something about the configuration, or the kernel again (since my old one boots fine with the same grub settings)
any idea about VFS?

thanks,

KArsten