Re: [proaudio] 2.6.17-r1 problems

On 6/27/06, krgn <k.gebbert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

I am, for a while now, trying to compile a rt-kernel from 2.6.17-rcX
upwards and always keep on running into the same problem. First, of
course, I though it has to do with minor changes I always make in the
.config file, so I tried to just use the one I used for 2.6.16-rt-23,
the kernel which works fine for me since a while now. The same problem
keeps occurring, although nothing has changed in the config, so I assume
it is an issue to do with the kernel itself.

Hi Karsten,
  While I do not have a clue of a solution for you I will relate that
I could never get 2.6.17-rt1 to boot correctly when I built it
starting with a 2.6.16-rt25.config and doing makeoldconf. It just
wouldn't boot. I then tried building the kernel config completely from
scratch and it booted the first time.

  If you have not yet tried that I might suggest removing the 2.6.17
modules directory, building a new config file from scratch and then
building the kernel.

  As for the cardbus issue I have no idea. Sorry.

cheers,
Mark