Re: [proaudio] portaudio's SConstruct broken

On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:15:00 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thomas Kuther wrote:
> > Since some days the portaudio-19-r1 ebuild is broken due to a funky
> > scons error as soon you re-download the tarball/get e fresh one:
> >
> > -----8<-----

> >  * enableShared=1 prefix=/var/tmp/portage/portaudio-19-r1/image//usr
> > enableStatic=0 enableAsserts=0 useJACK=1 useALSA=1 useOSS=0 scons:
> > Reading SConscript files ...
> > TypeError: can only concatenate list (not "str") to list: File
> > "SConstruct", line 47: env.AppendUnique(CCFLAGS=debugCFlags)
> >   File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 616:
> >     self._dict[key] = dk + val
> >
> > !!! ERROR: media-libs/portaudio-19-r1 failed.
> > ----->8----
> >
> > The autofoo'ed non-r1 ebuild still works.. I don't know what the
> > reason was for switching that, so i don't touch it, just report ;)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tom
> >
> A user complaint about that it won't compile anymore. So as I was
> able to reproduce the error locally  and a quick look let me thought
> they switched to scons so I added scons to the -r1.
>
> So the question why do they provide both (scons and autotools)?
> It seems one time scons is broken (like now) and sometimes autotools.

heh, good question.. looking at the source i asked that myself too

> Maybe we should add both build methods in one ebuild to reduce
> possible bug reports. :)
> btw. for me scons is also broken and autotools works
yup, here too. and ..
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-466285.html too.

btw i tried that too what Tonglebeak is after.. but failed on some very
strange compile errors with audacity/wxGTK unicode/gcc4.1 combination..

Tom