Re: [proaudio] First bug report on this ML: wired

Thomas Kuther wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 09:55:05 +0200
> SteelRage <keywiz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> hmmm, strange. just did a checkout with layman, and wired-0.11 ebuild
> is gone. how do you sync the overlay?

Just a simple svn up from the overlay dir
> wired-svn is in, anyways it seems to have problems and doesn't start up
> correctly here. 0.2.2 works.
> But i have to admit that wired is pretty much unusable here.
>
> a) you can't draw a pattern from scratch, wether audio nor midi. means
> you have to import an existing .mid file to get a pattern at all.
> (that's known and mentioned on their ml)
> b) i do not get a single noise out the loopers.. imported a .mid,
> connected the looper to the midi track, it plays, but for reasons i'm
> not yet aware of, it never reaches the master mixer, and also not the
> soundcard...

same here :\
> so.. first impressions: it looks great, i smell good potential, but
> it's far from being usable and doesn't work correctly at all yet.
> The same as with 0.11 a year go, but at least i got some sound out of
> that one.. o.O

but at lest we can check if it compiles correctly ;)
if people are able to install it, I suppose there will be more bug
reporting for wired developers... so everybody can make his own part :)

Paolo