Re: [proaudio] museseq-cvs problems

On Tue, 16 May 2006 14:37:32 -0500
"Colin Shapiro" <cmshapiro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First, I had to change the CVS server in the museseq-cvs ebuild in
> order to get it to download the source.  This is what works:
>
> ECVS_SERVER="lmuse.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/lmuse"

right, any CVS ebuild for apps hosted on SourceForge is affected. They
changed the CVS server yesterday. We will get some work with the CVS
ebuilds :P

> However, the emerge also fails here:
>
> EXTRA_DIST: variable `UICBASES' is used but `UICBASES' is undefined
> al/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
> doc/Makefile.am:1: directory should not contain `/'
> organ_la_LDFLAGS: variable `muse_LDFLAGS' is used but `muse_LDFLAGS'
> is undefined
> doc/Makefile.am:1: directory should not contain `/'
>
> !!! ERROR: media-sound/museseq-cvs-0.9 failed.
> Call stack:
>   ebuild.sh, line 1527:   Called dyn_compile
>   ebuild.sh, line 931:   Called src_compile
>   museseq-cvs-0.9.ebuild, line 64:   Called die
>
> !!! (no error message)
> !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
> stack if relevant.

basically i would say that MusE CVS is under such _heavy_ development
beeing ported to Qt4, that it's not worth trying to fix that in the
ebuild right at the moment now... even if it compiled, it wouldn't
work nicely i bet ;)

use stable 0.8.1a, that one works great.

Tom