From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 30, 2006 1:40 PM
Subject: [Jackit-devel] new release imminent, issues ...
To: jackit-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to do a new release of JACK very soon. This raises two
important issues:

       1) TESTING

         We need more reports on the code in SVN from more systems.
         Do your part! Compile, test, send a brief email to the
         list saying "It works" or "Its broken".

       2) Rui's OMNIBUS PATCH

         As a result of some discussions at LAC, Rui came up with
         a fairly substantial set of changes that unify command
         line arguments across many different backends. The goal
         is to make qjackctl be usable for both Linux and OS X,
         as well to offer a reduced form factor version of qjackctl's
         GUI. This is a chicken and egg situation - we can't
         release the new JACK till qjackctl is released to handle
         the new parameters, and Rui can't release qjackctl with
         the new parameters till JACK is available to use them.

         Suggestions?

       3) Freebob

          Waiting longer for a JACK release is now holding up
          the initial "binary" release of Freebob. We don't
          want to do that - Freebob is perhaps one of the most
          important projects in all of Linux audio right now.

--p