Re: [proaudio] fbsplash for -rt

Thomas Kuther wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 20:51:07 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thomas Kuther wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 11:11:37 -0700
"Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/18/06, Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:43:00 -0700
"Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/18/06, Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 18:21:44 +0000
krgn <k.gebbert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

is it going to be part of the ebuild at some stage?

KArsten

Frieder, you want to include it? (don't want to mess around in
your ebuild ;))

Uploaded it to our tuxfamily webspace:
SRC_URI:
http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/patches/fbsplash-0.9.2-r5-2.6.16-rt.patch
If you choose to include it please add a USE flag to control its
addition. I do not want to add it to my kernels. If Ingo doesn't
add it then I want to build without it.

Thanks,
Mark

lol, fbsplash has nothing to do with -rt. You do not have to
enable it in your kernel config if you do not want it. It's
configurable. gentoo-sources also has no useflag for it, so why
should rt-sources?

Tom
OK - do what you want. Sorry to make a request

No it's OK! Sorry if that sounded too harsh, i didn't mean it so
hard. It's just like, to be consequent, that evermind would also
have to make vesafb-tng and realtime-lsm a useflag, because those
two also are not included into Ingo's -rt patch - because both also
have absolutely nothing to do at all with the -rt patch. :)

Cheers,
Tom

I decided to add it via use, because gentoo also has this useflag for some at least one package.

My  thoughts were the same about the other patches.
So for now I can add 3 useflags
fbsplash
vesatng
realtime-lsm

or I add one flag to enable all additional patches. So all users are satisfied.
I prefer the second way.

    Frieder

actually i do not care that much, both ways do make sense and are OK.
vesafb-tng and fbsplash could be bundled to "eyecandy" useflag :) hehe.
now all patches are separated with a useflag

* To enable additional patches for rt-sources use USE-flags
*
* fbsplash - Add support for framebuffer splash
* vesafb-tng - Add a more functional version of the vesafb Linux driver
* realtime-lsm - Add the deprecated realtime modul

   Frieder