Re: [pok-devel] Proposing a patch to sched.c

quick remark : you seem to add too much files to misc/release-file more specifically all the generated files from your example should probably not be comitted to svn

more generally, with this patch we have three policies

* flush at end of major time frame

real time calculation are easy : we consume a fixed amount of time at the end of every MTF for the time needed to flush all possible ports

* flush at end of partition slot (only for the exiting partition, but that makes sense)

again, calculation are easy, we add to each window a time corresponding to the time needed to flush all ports the corresponding partition can write to

* flush at the first end of window after a period of X

That last one suprises me a little, do we have a use-case for it ? the timing calculations to know exactly when the flush will take place seem non-trivial to me, i am probably missing something here...

I will probably add a "flush immediately" policy too once this patch is commited. Again the calculations should be trivial since the time needed to flush is assigned to the call to the sending function itseelf

As far as commiting goes, i'll let Julien speak up. Do you have commit rights on tuxfamily ?

    Cordialement

    Jérémy Rosen

fight key loggers : write some perl using vim

----- Mail original -----