Re: [pok-devel] Proposing a patch to sched.c

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Thomas Robert
<thomas.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear POK users and contributors,
> We propose to integrate the following functionality in POK concerning inter-partition communications.
> The purpose is to propose alternatives to the default flushing policy. This proposal is the outcome of a joint
> work in our research group with Etienne Borde and Laurent Pautet.
>
> Up to now the flushing policy cannot be configured and consist in a periodic flush at each Major Frame beginning.
> In industry two other configurations are often considered:
> Pol1: Periodic flush with a period dividing the Major Frame.
> Pol2: Systematic flush of partition outgoing ports when leaving its scheduling slot.
>
> We propose the following code to handle these two additional semantics and handle their selection. The code is still compatible with ocarina (the default policy is still the one used before).
>
> Even if we do not propose to update ocarina to handle pre processor macro definition to activate them,

Why not?

> we
> take advantage of this proposal to inform you that we are developing an Eclipse plug-in integrated with the OSATE  framework to handle pok code generation. If you are interested we can provide you access to the current state of the project.
>
> More detail on the patch :
> Files affected : sched.c

Please configure your editor to remove trailing whitespaces and indent
your preprocessor statements. I find your #if #if waterfall not so
easy to read. Your comments are not properly aligned either.

> Optional : new example directory with model integrating properties used in our code generation framework to activate the different policies.

What do you mean by "optional"? Do you plan to commit this example?

> You can find attached the diff of the affected file with the latest revision of POK (#44).
>
> Pol1 is activated when the following macro is defined :
> POK_FLUSH_PERIOD
> You need to bind it to a value dividing Major Frame duration (should be checked / enforced at code generation time)
>
> Pol2 will be activated when the following macro is defined :
> POK_NEEDS_FLUSH_ON_WINDOWS
> No particular value is required
>
> If none are defined the default behavior is enforced.
> We 'd like to know your point of view about integrating these functionalities, as is or with limited modifications, in POK trunk.

I will let Julian Delange answer this one. :)

--
Laurent Lec