Re: [pok-devel] Porting POK to ARM Cortex A9 processor

Hi Joel,

On Nov 5, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Speaking from an RTEMS perspective, the various *BSD trees are great
> sources for driver code that should be licensed appropriately for Pok.
>
> It is also possible that the RTEMS source tree would be able to offer some
> help here.

I guess what you're implying is that I could potentially take a look at the
RTEMS support for arm processors and adapt it for POK.

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/score/cpu/arm

> Just depends on what ARM SoC you are looking at. Getting even the
> basics in with a COM port would be a great addition.

The CPU is an ARM Cortex A9 processor, which implements the
armv7a architecture. I need to check if it implements the optional
divide instructions.

Which processor platforms was RTEMS ported to:
- TI OMAP 3530 (ARM Cortex A8)
- TI OMAP 4430 (ARM Cotex A9)

I've got both these platforms with me, but i was thinking of trying a port
with the Freescale i.MX 6 quad core platform (ARM Cortex A9).

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson