Re: [pok-devel] Porting POK to ARM Cortex A9 processor

Hi Julien,

On Nov 5, 2012, at 8:43 PM, Julien Delange <julien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As far as I know, there is no plan to port POK on other architecture
> than the existing one. If you would like to port the project on
> another architecture, I would recommend you have a look at the arch/
> directory of both kernel and libpok subdirectories. They contain the
> arch-dependent code and thus, would give you an idea of the necessary
> effort to adapt POK for another target.

Thanks for the reply. I've taken a look at the arch folder, and it gives me
an initial indication of the effort required to port to the ARM Cortex A9
processor.

Im not sure if I want to attempt this, because I feel the return on investment
would be low, since there is no supporting eco-system, in terms of driver
support for various peripherals (graphics, lcd display, hdmi display, etc).

I can just see support for a console output using a COM port, and a
realtek ethernet driver.

It's going to be more work than just the processor architecture support,
one has to also invest time in building the eco-system around it, for
specific platforms in terms of bsp support.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson