Re: [pok-devel] ARINC - partition

Le Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 02:53:07PM +0100, Matias Hastaran :
> Now, I'm working on ARINC partition's and I would like some enlightenment:
>  - Can you confirm me POK doesn't use partition period, start_condition and lock_level values ?

Can you be more precise ? What do you mean exactly ?

>  - Why did you say only error thread can stop or restart a partition ? If I understand well the ARINC documentation, all partition processes can change the partition mode.

As far as I remember, in the ARINC standard:
- The partition goes from INIT to ACTIVE only by a call from the main
  thread (the one activated when starting a partition).
- The partition go from ACTIVE to INIT or STOP only by the error-handler
  thread. No other thread can change the partition mode.

However, once again, I no longer have the standard so maybe it changed
or I misunderstood it. As far as I remember, there is a dedicated
section about partitions mode and transitions between modes which
describe precisely the conditions from going from one mode to another.

>  - Regarding the transition between 2 modes, POK is more strict than ARINC. There is a reason for that ?

I do not really understand what means that POK is more strict than
ARINC. Would it be possible to be more accurate and explain exactly what
is meant by "more strict" ?

> I am going to submit a little patch within a few days, with just GET_PARTITION_STATUS and SET_PARTITION_MODE functions. For the next time I will do the same type of path, 2 or 3 ARINC function max per patch, in order to avoid such a massive patch.

Ok, before commiting, would it be possible to review the patch in order
to check the consistency with the initial design ?

Thanks for your questions,

Best,