Re: [pok-devel] Problem while developping a ARINC653 system for POK without AADL

Le Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 04:37:50PM -0500, Julien Savard :

Dear Julien,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this mail and providing
feedback to the use of POK. To remind the context of this work, the
script was written as a proof-of-concept to thow that deployment.c/h can
be generated either using AADL models, either from ARINC653 XML
configurations. And also that all these tools can be combined altogether
(for example, we can generate the ARINC653 XML files and later generate
deployment.c/h using the XML file also and that the result is the same
than when using only AADL models).
However, the script was not heavily tested/experienced. So, it may have
many issues/problems, as you reported.

> My question is: How is this array supposed to be initialized? The generated file
> does it this way, but as I said, it doesn't return the good values in execution:
>
> #define POK_CONFIG_PARTITIONS_PORTS {2,2,3,1}

Basically, the array is initialized like this:
1. The array size corresponds to the number of inter-partitions ports of
the system
2. Each value of the table is the partition id that has the port.

In the following example, the array means that you have 4 ports: the
first 2 ones are own by partition 3, the third to partitiion 4 and the
last one to partition 2.

> What is the convention?

So, as you notice, there is an obvious bug when generating the array.
For the naming convention, as far as I remember, the partition id in
deployment.c/h starts with 0. For example, if you look at existing
example in POK (for example, the arinc653-sampling example), the array
is defined like that :
POK_CONFIG_PARTITIONS_PORTS {0,1}
And in the AADL model, the first port is owned by the first partition
(sender/producer) while the second is owned by the second partition
(receiver/consumer).

So, if you want to use only XML files, indeed, the XML generator for
deployment files has to be changed. If you do so, I just would like to
let you know you are welcome to contribute to the project and propagate
your changes on the main branch :-) I will be very happy to see such
improvements :-)

Hope that helps !