Re: [tf-help] GetDeb mirror

Sylvain,
please note that we don't provide a pure repository yet.
The packages are provided just as links to the .debs.
We have too many packages to manage.
The best option for the synchronization would be to run rsync, we have
a rsync service to provide the .debs archive mirroring.

Anyway I will be subscribing to the service right now :)

Thank you

2007/7/7, Sylvain Rochet <gradator@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 03:41:49PM +0100, João Pinto wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to know if tuxfamily would be able to provide a mirror
> for the getdeb software portal, http://www.getdeb.net .

Well, you made the right choice to create a subdirectory getdeb, so
we are able to provide a mirror.

However you should find a way to update the mirror through ftp, ftps,
or sftp. I bet that you know 3v1n0[1], I remember that he wrote
something to update the remote repository from his local repository,
I am sure that he is going to be glad to help you ;)

> The current software uses about 7 GB  of disk space(should increase
> slowly), and it generates about 8 GB of traffic per day.

No problem ;)

Sylvain

[1] http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/

--