Re: [hatari-users] PSG/microphone volume (Falcon)

On 6/11/20 10:30 AM, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 23:21 +0200, Laurent wrote:
I confirm Thomas's words.

ff8939 should work and is implemented.
I've never implemented the channels overflow (I didn't have any
example to understand and test this)

If you encounter  some problems with these 2 addresses, please,
don't
hesitate to send a little example with the explanation of what is
expected.

I have done some more checks, and it seems like $ff8939 *is* working.
However, the volume level is incorrect. If you set volume to $ff, the
sound is way too loud and heavily distorted.

Have you disabled DSP emulation to make sure that the distortion part isn't a performance issue?

On the Falcon, the sound
is loud but perfectly fine. If you compare YM volume to DMA volume, $ff
on the Falcon sounds like $88 on Hatari.

In my case I set YM volume to $88 to balance YM music volume with DMA
sound effects volume. On the Falcon the music will be in the
background, on Hatari the music will drown out the sound effects.

	- Eero