Re: [hatari-users] Accents in UI

On 10/10/2012 23:25, Thomas Huth wrote:
Yes, the Hatari UI completely lacks i18n support. The font that we use
supports the characters from latin-1 (see src/gui-sdl/font10x16.bmp),
but if your host system uses UTF-8 or Windows-1252 code pages, this
likely results in wrong characters.

Indeed, my French Windows XP uses Windows-1252 as code page.

But Windows-1252 is almost the same as latin1, so if you blindly consider that the charset is latin1, it will work.

Do you know the code of the characters that are not displayed right?

Very common ones, such as é

NB: Beware of default char singned/unsigned issues. It varies among compilers. Just in case...

--
Vincent Rivière