Re: [hatari-users] Accents in UI

 Hi Vincent,

Am Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:17:27 +0200
schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm using Hatari 1.6.2 on Windows.
>
> I have noticed that accentuated characters in filenames are replaced
> by spaces in the Hatari UI. This happens in the file selector, in
> dialogs displaying file names, etc.
> Despite that, it seems to work fine. So it is just ugly, but not a
> real problem.

Yes, the Hatari UI completely lacks i18n support. The font that we use
supports the characters from latin-1 (see src/gui-sdl/font10x16.bmp),
but if your host system uses UTF-8 or Windows-1252 code pages, this
likely results in wrong characters.
Do you know the code of the characters that are not displayed right?

 Thomas