Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari macOS builds - handover need?

Nicolas, Thomas,

While a DMG is nice, a zip file that the user can extract and move the binary to either /Applications or whatever directory they want is sufficient.

I do not know if there is a way to include the CAPS framework in the 2.5 binary. While it would be nice to have, I do not think many Mac users will notice its absence.

Considering where I thought we would be when Troed left the Mac, I think the Mac binary is in good shape.

Bob C

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024, at 4:52 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 27/03/2024 10..32, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 20/04/2023 à 08:59, Troed Sångberg a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Yesterday I pulled the plug on my last macOS computer - I'm Linux only
>> now. The build server for Hatari is still running (and can, for the
>> foreseable future), but I will no longer be able to test & verify myself.
>>
>> If someone wants to take this over, the build server is a Virtualbox VM
>> with some custom scripting and (few) patches to the repo. I'll happily
>> hand this over, but whomever takes it on needs to do some work to
>> interface the VM with some hosting place for nightly builds (or, if that's
>> still my server which is fine, just needs to switch to scp:ing the files
>> there).
>>
>> No rush, but it should be sorted out before the next release :)

> Hi

> reviving this old thread :)

> what is the current situation for building Hatari on macOS ? I see the
> cirrus-ci jobs is building for macOS 12 and 14, but I don't see the
> resulting binaries ?

Artifacts are only created for the macOS 12 job. You can download the latest
build here:

https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/github/hatari/hatari/macos12/hatari/hatari-snapshot.zip