Re: [hatari-devel] tools/atari-hd-image.sh

Hi Christian,

these data may be relevant for so-called super floppy media, which only have
a single partition and use the root sector as their boot sector. I don't
know about Windows, but at least some DOS versions supported this format.
It also has a certain relevance for the Atari, in particular when formatting
a floppy disk in a SCSI floppy disk drive or an LS-120 drive. In this case
you need the boot sector data in the "root sector" of the floppy disk.
By the way, with HDDRUTIL you can create such a format by not entering
any partition data when partitioning. HDDRUTIL will then ask you whether you
want to partition the medium like a floppy disk.

Best regards

Uwe