Re: [hatari-devel] video freq set to 60 Hz instead of 50 Hz for Falcon VGA

Le 04/03/2024 à 23:15, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 25/02/2024 à 17:18, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :

Ok, I'll have a look. Which test was it ? (just to compare with previous hatari versions) ?

Hi

sorry, forgot to reply to this ; my test was with a custom made program, so not sthg that can be trusted.

Are there any demo running in VGA 60 Hz ? If so, it would need a check to see if this demo is still playing sound correctly now that Hatari does 60Hz and not 50 Hz as it did before.

This is now fixed ; Falcon used a fixed number of cycles per VBL based on a 50 Hz refresh rate. Now that VIDEL_Get_VFreq() is used, this number of cycles per VBL can be adjusted to 50, 60 or 71 Hz, which fixes the DMA sound problem at 60 Hz.