Re: [hatari-devel] hatari.app from cirrus-ci

On 20.12.2023 20.40, Bob Carpenter wrote:
I completely understand. Your reply gives me the opportunity to thank you for the work you have done on this even though you are not a macOS user. Since I do not use MIDI, I cannot justify the time to spend on this. If there is not someone who has the interest in working on this, a simple note should suffice letting Mac users know that portmidi is not available in 2.5.0 when it is finally released.

Especially Falcon has some pretty nice non-MIDI music programs, so I can understand not being interested in MIDI music SW, although ST has a lot of interesting MIDI programs.

(E.g. MidiSquare is an interesting one even for non-musician, as one can get somewhat interesting music just by moving mouse around a grid.)

There are also quite a few games that work faster and with better sound when music goes to MIDI though (Bad Mood, ScummVM and graphical native ST adventure games...), and even few demos.

	- Eero
Bob C