Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 and movem

Am 18.09.2023 um 19:32 schrieb Toni Wilen <twilen@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>I guess it's easier for Toni to have a smaller code patch in gencpu.c
>(which is already quite hard to read/follow and have all the important
>CPU logic) and leave it to the compiler to optimize cpuemu_xx.c files
>(which are generated files that not many people will read, except on
>specific opcodes' debugging)

That. Gencpu generated code has always been designed to generate ugly code that requires optimizing compiler and it is not meant for human eyes. (except when debugging..)

There are lots of similar cases in generated files. Better have ugly code in generated code than make gencpu even more complex.

Okay, but shorter does not necessarily mean easier to read. I think that recent patch is hard to understand.