Re: [hatari-devel] Sound lowpass filtering?

Le 31/08/2023 à 20:04, Brad Smith a écrit :
Hello. This is my first post to the mailing list, so I hope I have done this correctly.

> but it's sure very interesting to have an updated patch since going to 250 kHz, having better filtering can be a complicated task depending on which HW we try to emulate and how much CPU we want to dedicate to this part.

The change made in my pull request actually lowers the CPU usage. It is not trying to produce a more complicated hardware model that would require extra computation, but rather the opposite.

Full details of the patch, with sound examples and explanation are here: https://github.com/hatari/hatari/pull/25 <https://github.com/hatari/hatari/pull/25>

Hi

welcome to the list.

I still didn't have time to check the wav recordings you made as well as the patches, but it's on the top of my todo list so it won't be forgotten ;)

In case David Savinkoff (who wrote the original sound filters for Hatari) reads the list, maybe he can comment on your changes and the differences / improvements you hear.